Day 4


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
November 8th 2008
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Once again we were heading North today. Leaving Dargaville early heading up the twin coast highway. We Stopped at Wairere Boulders Nature park around lunch to take a walk and a few pictures. The boulders have been eaten away in spots by the acid that runs off the trees and itmakes them look like they have been in a river for along time. Not really that interesting because I see stuff like that at work all the time. We left there just after noon and thought we were going the right way. apparently not because after driving down a road for almost an hour we hit some mud and got stuck. It took us about 2 hours to get out. I got a good tan on my back tho. lol Once we were heading in the right direction on the paved road we were all good. We stopped for something to eat along the way and made it up to Ahipara where 90 mile beach starts. We were going to camp on the beach but we couldn't figure out when high tide was. Didn't want to wake up with wet stuff and the car in the ocean. So we took a drive down the beach for 40 km before we turned around and stayed at the camp ground just off the beach. By the time we got there it was dark so we set up our tents and went to sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb