Its all sweet as


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
July 19th 2010
Published: July 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ive been in the Auckland area for over a week now. Been up to the Bay of Islands and stood at the most northerly point of New Zealand. The sign post at the lighthouse said 19534km to London, so i guess I'm pretty much as far away from home as i can get!

Met some really lovely Canadian girls and went to an underground Arctic World with crazy headless penguins and a revolving shark tunnel. Went on a day trip down to Waitamo and did some Tumutumu Tubing. Basically its crawling through freezing muddy water tunnels and floating down a few rapids in the pitch black on a rubber tube. We were were all laughing and joking on the way to the entrance, it reminded me of the beginning of a really horrible horror film before freaky cave dwellers eat everyone! It was beautiful though, especially when we turned our head torches off and could see millions of glow worms lining the walls, it was like Santa's grotto down there. Interesting fact, its actually the glow worm poo that glows, a special enzyme in their stomach. Not so pretty now hey!

Also hugged some pretty massive trees and done a bit more sand surfing, but my favourite day so far was yesterday. I had High Tea at the top of the Auckland Sky Tower, the restaurant revolves 360 degrees in 1 hour. For once i was glad just to sit back eating finger sandwiches and watch others jump off the tower like lunatics!

Earl Grey tea tastes so much better with strawberry's dipped in chocolate :0)


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th July 2010

Headless penguins?
Eh? - why haven't the peguins got heads??
19th July 2010

Burton
Photo 22 looks like something out of a Tim Burton Movie!
19th July 2010

WOW!!!!!!
20th July 2010
Photo 10

high tea!!
alice, the high tea looks splendid my dear, woo!! great to see you are doing it in style!!! gorgeous pics as ever!!! love you!XXX
21st July 2010

Penguins
dont worry they just tuck them into their necks so they look headless!
22nd July 2010
Photo 20

Let me in the pen
This is the best picture i have ever seen. They are so beautiful. I might have to pop down to the arctic to hang out with some lush penguins xxx

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb