Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Sky Jump 13 secs
I arrived in Auckland at midday and again i couldn't check in until 2pm so i sat in the lounge and sorted out my blog and some things for Thailand. After i checked in i went for a walk towards the only major landmark i knew about. The Sky Tower is the tallest man made structure in New Zealand and seemed very similar to ones i have seen in Sydney and Melbourne but there was one thing i did notice that was different, you could Sky Jump, which is a wired base jump where they attach a cable to you and you jump off the top and fall 192 meters, i stood watching people do it for while then headed back to the hostel.

As i mentioned before i met some Americans that live in Auckland so i texted them and they invited me over for dinner at their flat, dinner was really nice and their flat had great views of the near by harbour, after dinner we went to an Irish bar called Father Teds and watched a band before heading home. The reason we went to an Irish bar was because as i'm sure you all know it was St Patrick's day and because i leave very early the night of St Patrick's we thought we go the night before, the kiwis seem to be mad on it and everywhere you looked there were hats, t shirts and various other St Paddy's merchandise & all the bars were heaving.

As pathetic as it sounds i'm starting to feel really worn out from all the travelling and so on my last day before flying out to Thailand i took it really easy, i met up with the American girls again and we just wandered round the city and headed down to the harbour and chilled out. The girls were going out again that night so we said our goodbyes and they left to get ready and i went back to the hostel and ended up falling asleep until 8pm, this was probably for the best as i have to catch a shuttle to the Airport at 3:30am! I have loved New Zealand sooooo much, it is the best place i've been so far and i've met some amazing people and seen some amazing things and there is no doubt in my mind that i will be back hopefully in the not so distant future.

I have well over a days worth of flying to do to get to Thailand which is going to hard and i won't arrive there until 2am so i think my body clock is going to be all over the place. I will try and write a blog soon on how it all goes but i'm not sure how easy it will be to get online in Thailand but we're see.

It's just about a week until i'm home so i'll see you all soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb