Greetings from chav city


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
January 27th 2007
Published: January 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So guys

Not sure when i'm going to be around for the next one as heading up North today so thought i would do a little update for you all today.

Well as simple as it would be to say everything went smoothly from Sydney to New Zealand would be missing out a little chunk which would be silly.

So i think the last time we spoke was when we were leaving the hostel in Sydney. So standing outside waiting for the airport bus with another English girl. Bus arrived about 40 mins late, so as you can imagine we were running a little late. So anyway it eventually arrived and this Aussie jumped out and asked us if we were the British babes and then smiled to display all of about 2 teeth- one on each side - oh and he was about 70!

So anyway we all jumped in the van and drove down Pitt Street (one of the main roads) in Sydney. As i turned around to talk to kelly and the English girl I noticed something rather strange and wait for it.... yep he'd left the boot open. For a split second i thought maybe beacuse of a surfboard... but no. So in my dignified manner asked why the boot was open - oh strewth was the reply as he skidded over to one side of the road. There was thank god not mine or kelly's bag but the poor other girls back pack in the middle of the road. So he sprinted (as a 70 year old can, back up the middle of the street to retrieve her back pack). So by this point we were getting later and later. Oh and then about an hour later after doing 10 pick ups we ended up back at our hostel and then took us 20 mins to get to the airport!!

back pack is still the same weight you'll all be pleased to know.

So anyway jumped onto the plane and sat in my seat to discover a silver box type box plug socket thing where the front of it had fallen off (yep i reckon it was the falangi - for those of you that watch friends) anyway- we arrived safely in Auckland. Oh and Kelly's bro has joined us now.

We arrived in Auckland at about 10pm and jumped on a bus which drove down the main street- can i point out here that it is Chav city. There are literally just row and row of teenagers sitting and driving in their cars (which they probably borrow from their mum and dads on a Fri and sat night and just trawl the streets oh and they range from about 18- 35 and burn each other off at traffic lights and wheel spin, sound their horns. Oh and somehow again we have managed to be located in the red light district. I know i came away to find a new career but this is taking the piss.

So anyway- the day before yesterday after organising what we are doing over the next few weeks (loosly) we decided to jump on a ferry to Wahake Island which is about 40 mins away. Oh Oh and guess who was sitting 5 seats away from me- yep Jonah Lomu. Anyway we trapsed around the Island for about 3 hours and discovered sun for the first time. It's a really beautiful Island and so peaceful- I can't believe it is only 40 mins away.

Anyway we met up with Susie and went for some food and to some bars (unlike Sydney your not asked for your ID in every bar). Yesterday she drove us off to Piha beach about an hours drive East which was beautiful.

We are heading up North today so have to hire our camervan type thing- AKA a Space Shuttle !!!! and then we are dropping it back off in Auckland in 2 weeks to then head down South. It will be so nice to get out of the city.

Hope you are all well.

Cx

PS: As some of you will be aware the connection on my camera had died before i came away so when i fill my memory card up i will burn them to CD and then go back and download some photos 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb