Life in NZ...2006!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » North Shore
January 5th 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

WaterfallWaterfallWaterfall

Abseiling at Piha (notice the person at the top for scale!)
Well life in NZ continues.....

...my New Year's Resolution is to do something new every week....so lets see how it goes in 2006!

First up....AWOL Canyoning.... hiking to the top of a gorge and then abseiling and jumping off waterfalls in the Waitakere Ranges! It was time for a girlie outing and so off Chloe, Gemma, Rachel and I went! Great fun, spectacular scenery and definately a new experience! Although Question: would you rather wear a wet suit for the rest of your life OR lose a hand? Might sound a tad extreme if not a bizarre question but if you've hiked for a good hour or so up a steep gorge in the sweltering heat you night think twice! Anyhoo...

Auckland Festival brought the Tall Ships, live music and street performers to town.... and I even literally bumped into Lynne and Mike, such a small place! Caught up on our respective adventures and enjoyed their parental company making me miss Mum and Dad!

Next up... a music concert in the zoo! Definately a first- crazy concept but very good! Went to see Catchafire (NZ reggae band) play at Auckland Zoo. I had so much fun although
SunsetSunsetSunset

Catchafire at Auckland Zoo!
didn't really get to see much of the band as I was too excited about the fact that you could wander around the zoo- at night- for free! I did get slighty concerned when some young hoons, fuelled by alcohol decided to taunt the poor lions...I'm sorry but a few metres of water between us and them ain't gonna worry a lion! Got to admit though it was quite entertaining!

As the sun set and the concert came to a close we were lucky enough to race down to the Harbour to see the end of the fireworks for the close of Auckland Festival....and the end of January.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb