North Island Adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Hahei
February 22nd 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kodak MomentKodak MomentKodak Moment

Hahei Beach
With my backpack ready, fresh and raring to go....off I went to see the sights of NZ and do everything a traveller should do! Stepping out on the street I felt invinsible and revelling in the freedom and the adventures that would come. Feeling like I was the only one who has ever done this I soon remembered that the only people up at 6am in the city are travellers.... and lots of them! And then came the flashbacks of carrying a cumbersum backpack...how long would I last!

First stop, Hahei Beach on the Coromandel. Unfortunately due to 'inconvenient' tides I didn't make it to Hot Water beach but instead had the pleasure of visiting a local vineyard and having my first experience of Fejoa wine and other interesting liquer-type drinks...so i was happy!

With some fellow backpackers we walked to Cathedral Cove and had numerous kodak moments along the way! The weather was perfect and the scenery even more so!

After a night of socialising and a spot of star gazing, the next day I took some time out to chill on the beach before going sea kayaking around Cathedral Cove...and experience a pretty crazy 'cafe on the beach' provided by our just as crazy guides!

And it was then that I met some of my fellow traveller buddies-to be!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb