Raglan


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Raglan
February 24th 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

RaglanRaglanRaglan

Karioi Lodge
After Hahei we headed across to the west coast to the surfing town of Raglan.

I think this has to be one of my favourite places in NZ and I've only seen about 20% of the country so far! The town just has this chilled out feeling where anything goes.

We stayed at Karioi Lodge- a really funky place set in the bush with hammocks and decks that look out over the rugged west coast... and the meanest chef who puts on some amazing homemade food!

First up.... Surf School! Joined by my American buddies we took on the waves! And guess what... first time up (Go the Incredibles!). Ok, we were just surfing the white break waters but it felt good! After an exhausting afternoon we head back to camp. More fun came as night settled in and we decided to take on the ropes course, the flying fox, some crazy Street Fighter game and a very competitive table tennis tournement! It's amazing what fun can be created by a bunch of international travellers and a touch of alcohol!

Needless to say after a couple of nights of "playing" it was time to move on. But
SurfingSurfingSurfing

Raglan
not for some of us! With no room at the inn and no room on the bus we had to move abodes. Five of us "The Family" headed into Raglan itself and found a very nice home! Feeling slightly abandoned Amy and I decided to treat ourselves to a pedicure and then managed to accquire a car so we all took a drive out to the Bridal Veil Waterfall. To entertain ourselves over the next couple of days we ventured to the beach for some more surfing and embraced the surfing experience by playing Surf Monopoly! Being civilsed the boys kindly prepared dinner while Amy and I enjoyed a glass of wine or two...and we even had panacakes on Shrove's Tuesday!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb