Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
July 11th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fiji is a place that i would never have thought of going to if it wasn't for the lady in Trailfinders suggesting it. It's nicely located between New Zealand and the states, oh and its hot.
I had no big plans for Fiji except to enjoy the sun and waite for Adi a mate from home to arrive on the 12th. To then travel on to States. (same guy who flew to Oz to do th East coast with me)
I left a very windy Aukland on the 11th and arived in Nandi that afternoon. I had decided to head away from the mainland and sit on a beach in a resort called Octopus in the Waya group of islands & do nothing !
The boat didn't leave again to the moning so i stayed in Nandi that evening, had an early one, ready for the early start.
A guy from the resort picked me up, drove me to the port where we got on a boat that takes you to the island. It took just over an hour. Myslelf and a guy called Tom from the States were greeted by the usual combo of guys playing the guitars and women sort of singing, nice touch.
The resort as a bit pricey, but very well run, getting most things right. They had shared dorms, bungalows and fancy lodges, ranging from £10 to £80 a night. I stayed in all, as the resort was always full and i hadn't booked in advance, so i was forced to go top end for the last few days. shame !
I was to stay there for 9 nights in the end. I got to meet a lot of people, ranging from Backpackers through to families. The staff were exellent there, getting everyone involved.
Each night there were different activities and the food was fantastic.
The first night was quiz night, Including a talent round. We did well in the quiz up to the music round. We even got 60 out of a possible 45 points for our talent, which we decied was running naked across the beach (Grant a Kiwi lawyer's idea). Certainly one way to introduce yourself to the other guests. It was very funny, considering who was in our team...
The next 8 days and nights were spent drinkng, swimming in the pool & sea / coral, eating and having a laugh,
Welcoming ceremonyWelcoming ceremonyWelcoming ceremony

With Cava, a dreadfull local drink
ending up with me helping Chris do the quiz on the last night, the things you do for a free bar !!
I had a great time in Fiji, mainly due to the resort and as ever the people we met. Next stop The States, LA to begin with...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Nandi - PortNandi - Port
Nandi - Port

Boat to Nandi to fly out fo Fiji
Poppy lodge !Poppy lodge !
Poppy lodge !

sky tv, air con, the lot !


Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb