Roasted our Bacon in Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
January 3rd 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bula from Fiji, (well we are in New Zealand right now). Fiji was really nice but very very hot. We got fried the very first day and my feet swelled up the size of small hams, same colour as well. We were really lucky to have about 4 days of cloud and rain so we could recover from the initial shock of pasty white flesh mets nuclear heat. We stayed in the Yasawas for the whole time less the date of arrival and the date of departure and it is really very cool. The water is amazing just like the postcards. People are friendly and we met some really nice people from all over the world which is great as we now have lots of places to visit and wear holes in their couch.


This is just a quick note we will update later today with pictures once I figure out the silly machine. Damn computers anyway.


More to come


Bill and Joanna (new name given to her by the Fijians, they don't say Joanne, could be worse)

Advertisement



3rd January 2008

First response
I got the first response and as such, Bill - I'm taking your fridge... permanently.... ;) Good to hear from you guys - seems like all is going well. So you left fiji quite quickly it seems =P I'm looking forward to the pictures, I hear the sun is hotter down there, burns you quicker... appears to be true? /snicker. Have fun guys, until next blog.
3rd January 2008

Bill and Joanna
Even with your roasted ham feet, I am envious. We are dealing with high winds, cold and rain! Please send pictures as those are what are getting me through this! lol Glad you guys are having a great time! Talk to you soon.
3rd January 2008

hey
hey good to see that i am able to get the travel blog from you two! your feet sound like that was excruciatingly painful. hope the rest of the trip finds you both in good health and with minimal sun burns. keep us all posted, thanks!
4th January 2008

You lucky dogs!!
was soooo excited to see your email....wow..how cool for us to get to follow you....we miss you sooo much and enjoy your year...love to see all your pictures and adventures....take care and keep in touch!!! luv ya!!!!
4th January 2008

Too Kewl
Well Happy New Year to both. You rock. I am so glad for you two, I can only imagine right now. I am looking forward to pics. To bad about the small hams..hope they healed well.
4th January 2008

So glad to hear from you! We feel SO far away from you both. Missed you for the Boxing day brunch but sure can't compete with Fiji! Everyone sends love and New Years Wishes!
4th January 2008

You Ham!
Happy New Year Joanna and Willy - bet they didn't think of that name for Bill! Sounds like too much fun! We are all jealous! Hi from Marylou too - I am writing you from good ole Victoria!! Stay safe to youngins!! Love Wendy
4th January 2008

I understand that burning of skin is known as "white man's disease" by the rest of us. Take care and have the time of your life. Happy new year!
6th January 2008

heading your way
Hi Joanne, We are arriving in Auckland on Jan.13 and then going on to Paihia on 20th. Plan on the south island starting Feb 5th. It would be amazing to meet up with you folks. If you are in Austrailia, Sydney area, we arrive Feb 25 and leave from Melbourne on Mar 28 for home. Sounds like you are having a great time. Happy Trails! Hope we can meet up! Sally (sallydeangelis@hotmail)

Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb