Fiji Update from New Zealand


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Nanuya Island
January 16th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beach in Nadi Beach in Nadi Beach in Nadi

This is where we got sun burned on the 1st day.
Hello again from New Zealand, we wanted to post some pictures from Fiji while we can and give an update on NZ. We arrived into the South Island Jan 14 on a ferry that I think is called the Good Ship Nausea. Pretty windy and rough I hear (I slept the whole 3.5 hours in a Gravol induced coma). I am really amazed at the beauty of this country, everywhere you go there is something very beautiful to see and do.


Back to Fiji, we had a great time in Fiji and have uploaded a few images I hope to do some more once I find a better way to upload.

We could have spent more time Fiji but it is very expensive and we would have to come home before easter. The islands, the fantastically warm waters and friendly people would make this a treat to visit again soon.

Updates on NZ soon, we go kayaking tomorrow and then head south for more great sites and scenes. The campervan has been quite a good means of travel and accomodation, a little cramped and we haven't killed each other yet, I do mean yet.

All and
Real cool cave in the YasewasReal cool cave in the YasewasReal cool cave in the Yasewas

Entrance to a cave on this island.
all this is a beautiful country with lots of radical things to do if you like naked bungy jumping with a crocodile or something like that.

We loved the caves at Waitomo, with the glow worms and underground cave system, very cool. The northern island was very nice as well, we found a really cool beach on the recommendation of a Kiwi guy we met in Fiji, it was Opoutere, great beach and we met a family who gave us a bunch of mussels that they captured. Great dinner that night.

NZ is also expensive and we are watching our wallets bleed (send money please he he he ) and can't wait till we hit some of the cheaper countries soon. Well all and all it has been great and we will continue our way down the south island and give another update soon.

cheers as always
bill and joanna



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Blue LogoonBlue Logoon
Blue Logoon

this is where they filmed that cheezy movie Blue Lagoon.
Great ViewGreat View
Great View

From Kuata Island
Friendly SpiderFriendly Spider
Friendly Spider

If there is such a beast
Village on BotaraiVillage on Botarai
Village on Botarai

Forgive my spelling, coming into a village on a nice island we stayed at for about 9 days.
Our shack for a couple of daysOur shack for a couple of days
Our shack for a couple of days

Nice little bure on the beach.
On the hilltopOn the hilltop
On the hilltop

yes I was just woken for this photo.
Canada's Olympic Crab Canada's Olympic Crab
Canada's Olympic Crab

This is Canada's offical entraint into the international crab race. But this guy stayed up all night and drank beer and partied with the Jamacian team. Go Ganja Go.


15th January 2008

You are making us crabby!
Holy WOW!!! Bob wants to know what kind of spider that is? figures! I love shots of the beaches! Take Care!! ps - get a life on the 'send money' thing we are all still trying to get on the plane to get there baby! heehee
15th January 2008

Nice Look Bill
The envy keeps growing. The adventure of a lifetime seems to be living up to expectations and it has only just really begun. Best wishes and Bill you need a new hair style.
15th January 2008

Kia ora
enjoy NZ reading your posts is bringing back memories. Did you know the maori word for hill is "puke"...fitting eh. Send more photos!
15th January 2008

envy
great pics....I'm quite envious.....do you know dates yet when you're doing Karuna?
15th January 2008

NZ looks amazing
NZ looks amazing guys - you're right along the ocean, it's absolutely amazing. The spider thing creeps me out but it's still interesting to see the local wildlife ;)
16th January 2008

Love the pics, thanks. Everyone OK here and jealous of you there!!! Sounds beeauutifullll!
16th January 2008

NZ
Hi guys, I hitched around NZ in the 70's and also loved the caves. I also liked 90 mile beach and the bay of islands on the north tip and for a good drive, the trip from Christchurch to Greymouth.. Have a good one!!
22nd January 2008

Love the Photos
Love the photos. What a cool cave and the beaches look enticing to say the least. Please send us some warm weather.
30th January 2008

WOW!!!!
Hey Jo and Bill.....finaly able to read your stuff...problem with computor.Amazing to hear from you and see the photos,keep having a fabulous time and keep us posted!!!..miss you both.LOL

Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb