Looking on the bright side


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Naviti Island
January 6th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunshine!Sunshine!Sunshine!

And the pool, wicked!
After not such a bad night sleep (i tossed and turned a bit but managed to get about 3 hours) we discovered that on Sundays here in the islands no activities run as they are very devout catholic so its there holy day of rest.

We are invited to go to mass with them, but we thankfully decline and instead get some snorkel gear and head out to the other side of the Island for Honeymoon beach.

It's totally deserted so feels like our own and even the sun is shining - never thought I would see it here!
The sea is really clear as well and the coral is beautiful.

After a really realxing morning we head back to the camp for dinner, then after waving goodbye to Lucy we go for a swim in the pool.

It's amazing how quickly the weather changes here and it suddenly turns from blue sky into black clouds and low and behold - the rain starts again.

We move inside and start talking to 2 australian girls called Martina and Sam. Unlucky for them they are on a weeks holiday and they are gutted to find it is actually alot nicer in Sydney (where they are from) than it is here! Plus no one told them about the no hot water or electricty points so they had a bit of a shock when they arrived!

We had dinner but because of the rain we couldn't go outside as last night, so the Oz girls taught us how to play a game of cards called 'shithead'.

It's suprising how addictive it can be!

At 10pm the security is calling for lights out early as it is a sunday, so we make our way to the dorm before we get caught out like last night.

Tomorrow we are told they are doing a Snorkelling trip in the reef where there are manta rays - fingers crossed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb