Onwards and upwards - keep smiling!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Naviti Island
January 5th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Now this is the life!Now this is the life!Now this is the life!

Lazying on a hammock
Thankfully I woke this morning in a much more positive mood and after breakfast consisting of pancakes and cake (yep, strange concoction) and having a short rest on an hammock (this is what it SHOULD have been all about) we get on the little speedboat to catch the large boat up to the next island of Naviti and to the Korovou resort.

Someone must have been looking down on us as the rain held off until we had disembarked the boat and had landed on the island (we could tell we were in a more upper class resort this time as the little transfer boat had seats!) and again were welcomed onto the island by the locals singing their traditional Bula Welcome Song.

After checking into something that resembled a proper dorm this time (although the showers were still outside and cold water only, but they did try to make it nice with fresh flowers) we made our way to the dining hall for dinner. Although Diane nearly didn't make it as she went flying on her ass on the tiles just outside the door - oopsies!

We had lunch of what looked like super noodles and potatoes
The owners houseThe owners houseThe owners house

Made from the cover of an over-hanging rock
(although it was suprisingly nice) and as the rain started we discovered the resort had a pool, so spent the afternoon playing pool volley ball with the local children in the pouring rain - never done that before!

After a refreshing cold shower it was tea time and then show time with the Bula dancers again.

By this time me and Diane had given up the idea of having a detox week and succomed to drinking Fiji beer.
As this resort had an open deck with tables outside and an Ipod connection, it turned out to be a bit of a disco night and the atmosphere here was certainly more friendly than on the last island as people mixed more. However we discovered that at 11pm the owners turned off the generator to the island and we found ourselves in total darkeness - not even the moon was shining to help us!

Thankfully the security guard came and escorted us back to the dorm with his flashlight - feels like being on a school holiday, when its lights out it really is lights out and time for bed, no option!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Goodbye KuataGoodbye Kuata
Goodbye Kuata

Being sent off the island the traditional way
Ship Ashore!Ship Ashore!
Ship Ashore!

Our transfer boat to and from the islands
Bula Korovou!Bula Korovou!
Bula Korovou!

The traditional welcome


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb