Moving up to Naviti Island!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands » Naviti Island
January 5th 2008
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Still not the best weather going, and they tell us Fiji is paradise! It is amazing how much the bad weather outs a dampner on things though especially when we have been so used to doing stuff all the time! We chilled out around the camp, got our last photos and then got our little boat back to the big boat and onto Naviti island and Korrovou resort.

It's raining again however e arrived at Korrovou and were instantly happier! Its a bit more modern and there's more to do here, a bigger beach and a swimming pool which is always good! Its got a really nice atmosphere this place! I managed to slip onto my arse in the first 20 mins of arriving though - who puts tiles around a pool???! So that was nice! ha ha! I should be used to this injury by now!

Saw Lucy and Johan which was nice, we had lunch then went with one of the Fijian guys to do fish feeding. They came right up to the shore and eat the bread and are quick hings! Lucy was told they were friendly and so she held onto the bread and the fish bit her finger! ha ha! Not so friendly afterall! Went for a swim in the sea and the heavens opened once more! Its really funny hwen it starts raining as all the mist and clouds come over the tops of the hills and above the sea and you cant see anything far away! It was excellent being in the sea though as it was really coming down!

Finally gave in with the sea and hit the pool instead! The local kids came to the pool and we were all playing volley ball together, the kids are fearless over here, they dive on top of each other and jump from railing into shallow waters! The tourists are right wusses!

Had some afternoon tea, dried off and played some atcual volley ball on the court in the camp down the beach! That was really good fun actually! There were locals and tourists playing and the locals were so good! It was nice to do something different! Especially after all the rain! I was pretty rubbish but got a few cheeky shots in which was good! We were on Noah's team who was 6ft 6 Fijianl and quite chunky bloke which alwaya helps the situation! ha ha!

We had a walk on the beach and there are a load of pigs with piglets at the bottom end in their sties! Thats probably one nights dinner! he he! They use all their own produce on the islands and don;t get meat deliveires and the fruit and veg is grown themselves which is quite cool. Maybe I am naiive but I thought we would get some nice bananas but none have appeared yet.....

Anyway, as we walked down the beach we noticed all the little tiny fish kept jumping out the water by the shoal, it ws like fish fireworks and really cool to watch! a guy was spear fishing and said that there was a big fish trying to eat the little ones and he was trying to catch it! We stayed to watch but he didn't get there in the end so we left him to it!

That evening we had another show by the locals of Bula dancing and we of course joined in - pros now! woo hoo! Normally in this resort they swiotch all the lights off at 10pm, and I mean ALL the lights off, it caught the guys out the night before we arrived as we had no warning! We managed to keep them on until 11pm which was cool as we were all having a few drinks! It s so funny though as you can not see a thing! We were still on the decking area and the lights all went out so it was phones and cameras out to find our way back to the dorm! quite amusing!

Have met a lot of cool people today which is nice! There's 2 oz girls sam and martina from sydney and they did not know it was going to be like this when they came! This is their holiday as well bless them, but they have got 4 nights ina nice resort on the mainland so I am sure it will be good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb