Fiji - Foooking A!!!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
September 21st 2006
Published: September 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Culture Vulcture!!Culture Vulcture!!Culture Vulcture!!

Had to have something cultural in!!
Fiji didn't start all that well. We landed ina torrential thunderstorm, which in itself was a little scary, but then the power at the airport was down and we had to sit in the plane for an extra 45 minutes as they couldn't power the airbridge to let us off! Just what I wanted after an 11 hour flight! Flight was great though, loads of room and was half empty so had 3 seats to my self, made my nest (stu knows) and slept for perhaps 8 of the 11, HEAVEN!!

First day in Fiji was much like the arrival, rained so heavy all day, luckily the hotel had ESPN and sports was on, replay of the 1996 Heineken Rugby Cup final, it'll do!! We ventured out to Nadi Town center and braved the rain. Bit of a waste of time really, not much to do and very tatty/old! We had out first Kava ceremony which was pretty cool, drank this halucnogenic root stuff and that kinda made the sun come out, i think!! They blessed the holiday and prayed for the weather to change, then scammed us $40 fiji (12 pounds) for a sharks tooth necklace, piece of shit!! Still jet lagged so bed at 6pm until the next morning!

Shit that voodoo stuff works. Woke next morning to beautiful sunshine and by 12am I was lobster boy, soo hot! I literally have the rhubarb and custard look going on, red front, white back, attractive!! Hotel is pretty nice, pool does the job nicely!!

Islands tomorrow, woo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb