beach and stars


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well NZ is now behind us...or infront...Im not sure..I will totally miss it. People for the most part were super friendly (unless your on the wrong side of the road...then they get pretty upset :P Ive gone on about the driving before but it was just so crazie it needs another mention.

NZ drivers, drive like they are in a Rally race. For them (the guys at least) "Driving is in the Blood" The slower you go in the mountains the more uncoool you are :P But with all the Head on collisions we saw, uncool was Juuuuuust fine 😊
Also Locals are able to mouth off to the police!! (we watched some of the Cop reality shows they had, where driving offenders just told cops off ( in T.O. you'd get a Taser to the EYE!) I feel I need to do a top ten best and worst of here. so I will give that a go right now(hopefully I wont get booted)


TOP 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT NZ!

1. The scenery.

I have never seen anything quite like it. from rolling hobbit hills, to rainbows and giezers. Every time you think youve seen everything your smacked in the face with somthing even more amazing!

2. The People.

Super dooper friendly!

BC was the same...I love T.O. but you can actually talk to strangers here, they wont think your crazie:P

3. SKY1 TV

Sky1 is one of the main tv channells. there are only Ten but they are pretty sweeet. With shows like "the girl with enormous legs" OR "the missing"

4.Countdown

Countdown is like the upscale grocery store. super fresh everything (espesially seafoods) + you can buy beer and wine!
A side note about the produce: they have crazie huge Carrots....and they taste super Carroty.

5.No LCBO!

in NZ you can get boooze anywhere!! from liquor land to liqour King, Liqour-Liqour or any conveniece store. you are set.

6. Canned foods

Watties is the best..canned butter chicken and all day breakfast...just so good.

7.accomadations!

we stayed in backpackers (if you want to call it that, most units had private rooms with bathrooms for about 60 dollars a night) Even hotels were super cheep! not really going over 100 (unless you wated some pampering)

8.sheep 😊

and they are everywhere....there was nothing more contrasting than the super green hills and hundreds of sheep graising willy nilly.

9. CookieTIME!

Im not much of a sweeets fella anymore. but CookyTime is one sweet treat that I will miss. Its just a cookie ya..but its really GOOD! super dense and comes in all shapes and forms.

10 our GPS...our NZ map we had to buy for our TOMTOM really saved us and allowed us not to get totally lost every second like we would have 😊


Ok im not doing the Top ten worst right now...its way to late (11:45) I have to be up at 7 to catch our bus to take us to another island. we are now in Fiji our budget Backpackers is on the main island, on a nice sandy beach with palm trees and a night sky filled with the milky way. tommorow we start our Fiji adventure of island hopping for a week. hopfully I can update as we go along......but who knows.


THE END.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb