journey back to aukland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we are on our journey back to aukland to return our rental car ( it really has been abused ) we had to use the interior as an inprompt due dryer for our clothes ( one of the dryers at a hostle failed to dry our laundry at all (after dumping 9 bucks into it) Before we left willington, we stopped off at the Zoo to check out all those crazie NZ animals that we thought we'd see!! (not so tho! there were tiger and bear and bird oh my :S )

We then started our drive back to Aukland. We drove for about 5 hours and stoped in at a town Called Waitioto (famous for the enormous caves)
Taking some good adivce from our trusty traveling companion (the lonley planet travel book) We stopped off at one of the 3 caves that had tours.
Glow worm caverns was a great experience. We started out on the tour with the History of the discovery of the Caverns, then Took a boat to the deeper
reseses of the cave. The Cieling of stalagtites faded into a Universe. the tiny glow worms were so vastly populated here because of the perfect conditions the cave offerd. Anyhooo it was really cool.

We found some great accomidations just down the road. This place had converted planes, trains, boats and newly constructed hobbit dwellings to choose from. We picked a converted veitnam cargo plane. The tail section was converted into a full on suite. (double bed, bunk beds, kitchen, bathroom and TV)
that night we had a crazie storm, it actually felt like we were flying around all night in a strom (plane rawking back and fourth. lighting blasting outside and rain pelting on the windows. It was Awsome.

Heres just a random list of things ive noticed about NZ


*driving here is just nutty ****** internet just kicked out for about an hour****** heres what I did type in before the crash.

Every Hairpin turn on the mountains is a surprise. It could be a landslide, or an oncomming tracker trailer! or cattle OR sheep!! or fallen treees!! the point is driving here is crazie!! and when its night!!?!? dont expect any lights.


*food in a can here is amazing!! my fav so far is the all day breakfast from"WATTIES" sausages,tomatoes,mushrooms,potatoes. MMMMMMmmmMmmm goot!


ill continue this entry tommorow...


THE END


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Balancing actBalancing act
Balancing act

trying to balance the camera on a rock and using the timer to take the pic...
caves without a torchcaves without a torch
caves without a torch

local caves with no flashlight...not a good idea. dont do it..spesially after it rains.
......
...

....x2


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb