Coogee Beach, Western Australia - Dec 20014


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 30th 2014
Published: May 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

I was looking for a cheap holiday to get away over the Christmas break but this isn't something easily done from Perth. So... I decided to look at caravan parks around 1 hours drive to see if we could get away... and that is how we ended up at Coogee Caravan Park between Xmas and NY. It is only 20 minutes south of Fremantle but around a 40min drive to our house. I had booked a 2 bedroom cabin and it was around 40 degrees celcius the day we drove there so I was praying it had airconditioning or the Hubby said we would be having a swim and driving straight home. Things weren't looking promising when we drove up and parked beside a corrugated iron/tin looking demountable. But... when you opened the doors it was a reconditioned, clean and most importantly air conditioned cabin. Not too bad! Even better... 3 meters across from the front door was the sand dunes and there was the beach!

The actual trip pretty mostly consisted of swimming at the beach every day....for hours. The water was really clear and blue and quite flat and sheltered with Garden Island out on the horizon. When we walked the 1km up to the public Coogee Beach jetty there was a shark net swim area set up in case you were scared of sharks, and you could also do heaps of jumps off the jetty. As the day wore on a lot of local youths drinking came down and jumped off the jetty... not so much a good thing for young kids to hear the language but from a far enough distance amusing enough to see the crazy jumps that they could do.

At night we drove in to Fremantle for dinner (closer to Fremantle than our house) so that meant we didn't have that completely beach/camping feel. Not sure if i'd stay here again... it was a nice enough one off but a strange location. The caravan park itself was mostly old people permanent caravans so there weren't many visitors there as such. But we all had a relaxing time and the kids loved being so close to the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb