Esperance


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 10th 2014
Published: April 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Had our last look around the lovely town of Albany before heading off. Last time I was here with Mum we went out on the Kalgan Queen boat tour. When you board the boat Sam the seal comes to be hand fed, quite the attraction. Well some brain dead individual killed him the next year. So sad. The people of Albany have now built a memorial to him. Quite a long drive from Albany to Esperance so we stopped overnight at Munglinup roadhouse And left early getting to Esperance by 9.30a.m. Wow, we had heard how beautiful the beaches were here, they weren't kidding. Beach after beautiful beach, so we quickly set up camp at the Bathers Paradise Van Park and went sightseeing. We drove 40k east to the Cape Le Grand N.P. The prettiest national park we've seen. You drive through lovely low green native shrubs that would be a sea of colour in spring. All along the way huge granite hills, shaped by years of rain and wind, pop up all over the place. Then you come to the most amazing bays and coves. The whitest of white sand and the prettiest aquamarine water you'd ever see. Then out in the water are more huge granite boulders sitting like giant walruses. The shrubs all look like they were planted and pruned by a professional gardener. We have never seen anything as beautiful anywhere in the world before. Back in Esperance population 10,000 the shopping centre is not much to write home about. Home has more shops, unfortunately for us they are doing up the foreshore, won't be finished for a while yet. It's going to be hard to leave this beautiful place tomorrow, next week it will be full of miners from Kalgoorlie for Easter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.049s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0751s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb