Nullabor to Coober Pedy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 17th 2014
Published: April 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It has been a while, had trouble with wifi. Back on track now. Crossed the Nullabor without flies this time. Just overnighters along the way, shopped at Ceduna and drove on to Pildapper Rock. Beautiful spot that looks like a small wave rock. Had plenty of company for the night and flies. Next night we stayed at Iron Knob for the night where we met up with a lovely couple from near Newcastle. They are travelling to Ayres Rock. The country has greened up a lot since we came through earlier. They had their years supply of rain in 24hours. All the lakes are full, normally they would be salt pans. Took a look at Woomera on our way through. The boys would have liked that, rockets and planes everywhere. Next we stayed at a rest sight and had a group of European students for company. About 8 of them in 2 Toyota Echoes with tents on top, on their way to Ayres Rock On the cheap. Weather is getting warmer, it has been beautiful at daytime but cold at night. Nicer at night now. We made it to Coober Pedy early, so we booked into a local town tour with Jimmy for the afternoon. Our Newcastle friends arrived here as well. Interesting, flat country with mullock heaps everywhere and underground homes, hotels, restaurants, churches etc. they have a golf course, bowls club, race club, car race club, gun club the works Even the town cemetery was worth a look. Boot Hill, and they decorate all the graves. Decided to stay another night. Today we drove out of town about 30k to the Breakaways. Incredible views, you can see how it was actually a big seabed millions of years ago.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb