Walpole to Albany


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 6th 2014
Published: April 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We detoured on our way down to Walpole to see the Big Tree Grove and Snake Gully, down a good dirt road through huge Karri trees. Went a little bit further to Peaceful Bay (advice from fellow travellers). Next day we went out to the Valley of the Giants to do the Tree Top Walk amongst the giant Tingle Trees. On our way back to camp we called at Conspicuous Cliff for some magnificent views of the surf. The next day we went back to Walpole to see the biggest Tingle tree.(24mtr girth) and the circle pool so named because when it floods the water swirls in a circle. Next we moved east to Denmark and out to Green Pools, Elephant Rocks and Mad Fish Bay. The prettiest water we've ever seen, beautiful. All within walking distance of each other. Ever since we left Perth we have been crossing the Bibbulmum walking track(we like to call it bible bum walk). It finishes here in Albany. When we arrived back at camp we ordered fish & chips and packed some drinks and headed down a dirt track to enjoy the sunset. O.M.G. Bad idea. No one told us it was a road to Soft Sand Beach. Shades of Fraser Is. Bogged again. worse, no snatch strap, shovel of other people. NIGHTMARE. Got out but nowhere to turn around, had to keep going. Managed to get over a hill and there was a local farmer fishing with his kids, lucky, because we got bogged again to the axle. He was only too happy to help us out, apparently someone had pinched the sign about the soft sand. Half an hour later we were sitting safely under our awning enjoying happy hour with the roar of the surf over the dunes. Buggar the beach. This little village is full of fishing shacks with funny names like 1/2 done and Kettlezon. Next was Albany. We are just down the road from where Mum and I stayed 9years ago. We've been out to check out the Natural Bridge and Blow Hole (Not blowing today)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th April 2014

Bogged again!!!
I can't believe you got bogged again. Mum you would have been freaking out! Hahaha
7th April 2014

Bogged again
I was sick. No kidding
7th April 2014

Bogged again
I was sick. No kidding
6th April 2014
image


Hell that must have been a nightmare! Had some more rain last night.Going to have a picnic at your place to-day while Caleb mows. I went to Albany on our cruise the town was very hilly but nice.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb