Manjimup and the tall trees


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 3rd 2014
Published: April 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

About 15k from Manjimup we stopped for a little bush walk amongst the Karri trees. Checked out the four aces (4 Karri trees in a row) and the one tree bridge (Built from 1Karri tree), where we discovered we had done a fan belt, fortunately, we also met some lovely Perth people who advised us that there was a Toyota centre in town. So we drove into town and booked the car in then booked ourselves into the caravan & deli park. (Yes, it has a very popular deli at the caravan park) beautiful park and reasonably priced. The car was fixed in about an hour and a half and they didn't charge the earth to do it. Next day we drove down to Pemberton through cattle and sheep farms and apple and pear orchards, vineyards and tall trees. Beautiful. Along the way we saw a couple of large Karri trees used for fire lookouts. You could actually climb these huge 50metre trees. (We didn't) We did, however, call into a fruit farm and checked out the apples, limes, chestnuts, walnuts etc that they grow. There was also a couple of truffle farms. Pemberton has a huge timber mill as well, Auswest. So tomorrow we will move onto Walpole or Denmark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



4th April 2014

Trees
Why didn't you climb the trees? I thought you were adventurous mum?

Tot: 0.767s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb