Sydney!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 2nd 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

so here i am in australia! so much has happened since i have been here that i dont even know where to start! but i suppose the very beginning is a good place haha 😉 so our flight was long and painful! i took gravol as soon as i got on the plane to help me sleep and it worked ...kinda! i couldnt stay awake but i also would wake up often cause it was so damn uncomfortable!! but jess and i really lucked out because the seat beside us was empty so we had a bit more room to stretch our legs and such! oh and our plane was a double decker...so awesome!! so we landed in sydney at 6 am and managed to figure out the train system and made our way to central sydney. when we got off the train we had to find our hostel and our bags were SOOO heavy! of course we went the wrong way and almost died from the ridiculous weight on our backs! keep in mind that everyone in central sydney was on their way to work so im sure we were quite the scene aha ... so anyways we were able to leave our bags in our hostel and then we went to the iep office for orientation where they gave us our cells and a bunch of info. we met a really nice girl there from colorado named michelle and after orientation we all went to the bank together to open our accounts. i cant really remember what we did after then haha but i do remember going to bed at 5:30 pm that night and not waking up until 8 the next morning! we were sooo tired!

so the next morning we got up and met up with michelle and we went to check out the opera house and harbour bridge and such! that was sooo cool...then we found a nice little patch of grass and played skip-bo with the opera house and water in the background it was pretty surreal! and theeen we discovered the botanical gardens and spent a while wandering through there and there were so many crazy plants and trees and things that we definitely dont have at home! oh and there were hundreds of flying foxes sleeping up in the trees that look exactly like giant bats and they were absolutely disguisting! ugh.. haha so then we diddle daddled around and then came back to our hostel and ate dinner and then started getting ready to go to our first aussie bar! we ended up going to the one attached to the hostel called the scary canary, and michelle met up with us and came out too so that was nice. we met a bunch of aussie boys too!

then this morning we just kinda layed low and hung out at the hostel and after lunch we met up with michelle and this guy named jeremy from florida and this girl named anika from germany and we all went to an australian rugby game! it was cool cause it was at the olympic stadium where the opening ceremony for the sydney games were held. and the team that we were cheering for was called the south sydney rabbitors and they are apparently owned by russell crowe. aaaand they lost but it was still cool to see the game! and then we got back not too long ago and just ate dinner! so yeah thats a quick summary of my time in sydney so far! oh i forgot to mention our wonderful hostel mates too...there are 10 people in our dorm and they are all pretty chill. theres one boy from tunisia, 2 boys from germany, a boy and a girl from england, 2 boys from somewhere foreign, and one boy from france ....but then this morning some left so we had a new boy come in and he is also from france and hes pretty nice...me and jess were embarassing ourselves speaking quebecois francais to him hahaha ...everyone in the hostel is super nice though and ive met so many people from so many places!

Advertisement



2nd August 2009

It still doesn't feel real that you are so far away!!!! It sounds like you're having a great time / have had so many adventures and met so many people already and you haven't even been there for a week!!!! Make sure that you keep updating your blog so that you don't forget to tell us any details!!!! and take lots and lots of pictures!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb