Byron Bay!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
August 6th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

heeey! i really need to update this more because so much has been happening that i just cannot remember! on our last day in downtown sydney we went over to darling harbour and the sydney aquarium where we saw sharks and other aussie goodies! now we are in byron bay which is further up north from sydney. before here were were in collaroy beach which is one of the northern beaches of sydney. it was really pretty there and less of a city atmosphere which is nice! we were there for 2 nights and on the way there we were on the city bus and caused quite a huge scene with our massive backpacks and how we obviously had no clue where we were going! but we met a super nice aussie on the bus and he told us which stop to get off at and we just talked and talked about everything really! and when we got off the bus we still didnt know where to go and 3 aussie boys showed us the way and invited us out for drinks later that night. so we settled into our new hostel and met an awesome roomie from austria named maggie and when our boys called later that night we invited her to tag along which she did. there was a rugby game on tv at the bar and the aussies were soooo into it hahaha. so after the bar closed we went and hung out on the beach and it was awesome! the next day we slept til noon and then got up and just hung out on the beach all day with maggie and at night met up with the aussie boys again....then the next morning we had to get up at 5 to catch the train to byron ...which didnt get into byron until 8 pm! so a very long ride...but i saw kangaroos so that made it all better! when we got here we went to bed pretty much right awat cause we were so tired from our lack of sleep the night before! ps this hostel is called the arts factory and its crazzzy! this whole town is a surfer/hippie town and everyone is so laid back its awesome! our hostel is like in the rainforest lol and its so artsy and crazy! but anyways, last night we were woken up at 230 am by a bunch of british boys who are staying in our room lol...they came back from a night on the town and didnt realize that we were there cause we got there after they left so it was quite funny lol...they felt real bad but they were hilarious 😉 so today we went to the beach with one of the brits and it was soooo beautiful! we walked up to byron cape lighthouse which is the eastern most tip in australia but we took the long way and it took like all day hahah it was so exhausting! so now im pretty much ready for bed! we are supposed to be meeting up with one of the french boys from our base hostel in sydney in a bit but other than that i dont think we are doing much cause we're so tired!! its so beautiful here...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb