Australia>Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Aboriginal or Not!Aboriginal or Not!Aboriginal or Not!

We met this guy at the pier in Sydney. I wander what the Government pays him. Maybe I should apply
We arrived in Sydney 2 days ago and promptly went to the hotel. We had to eat so we went to a convenience store next door and they conveniently charged us $26.00 AUD approx (1 CDN to 1 AUD) for 2 tv dinners and 2 muffins. Same thing in Canada would be $15 CDN. Whew at that rate our budget would be blown in less than a week.

Next day we toured the Opera house and had fun taking alot of pics. We did the tour and were amazed that it actually took so many years to build. A Danish architect designed it in 1956 and won a competition as the chosen design in 1957. it was finally completed in 1972. The outside is actually tiled. I hope they paid the Italians well for the labor it took.

The subway / train system is a double decker from the outside but 3 levels on the inside. Tokyo could learn from the Aussies.

We walked around the Circular quay and admired the scenery. It was as pretty incredible as advertised.
We met a platypus up close 1 foot long! It apparantly was an adult. I thought they were BIGGERRRRRRRR.
Double Decker SubwayDouble Decker SubwayDouble Decker Subway

Tokyo could use one of these


We are off on a 4WD excursion to the Blue mountains. Stay tuned!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Opera House in SydneyOpera House in Sydney
Opera House in Sydney

Its is hard to get everything in the pics. If you want other angles email me separately.
She was attached to the Opera House by a cord!She was attached to the Opera House by a cord!
She was attached to the Opera House by a cord!

Really genius of the Aussies to think of this.


Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb