Hong Kong Heaven


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 15th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Big BuddahThe Big BuddahThe Big Buddah

Yup this is the big one. You can walk inside this one. Its lost a little of its shine since the last time I was here.
Back in HK for 2.5 Days. Lots to see and do. We went to Lantau Island and to Tai O fishing Village.

Lantau Island Buddah I think is the biggest in the world. I could be wrong. He He. Everything is explained in China as being the biggest, or most famous. We couldn't take the famous cable car because apparently there was an accident before we arrived there so it was closed. We ended up taking a Metro and a bus, and the bus driver was crazy. Lantau Island is mountainess and windy narrow roads, so we get this driver piloting 40 people in a public transport bus zooming around the curves big enough for 1.5 vehicles wide. The trip to the big Buddah by bus lasted 45 minutes and people actually clapped when it was over thankful for there saved lives. Me. I hung on the rollercoaster. A women actually was praying out loud.

Tai O is a village by the water on stilts and has a neat little walking market full of local food and such. The dogs are around so I think the meat is safe. LOl

HK has a laser and light show every
Hong Kong at Night.Hong Kong at Night.Hong Kong at Night.

This was a difficult shot to take.
nite at 8PM. Alot of the skyscrapers light up in sync with music. The graphics and colors are awsome. The show lasts 15 minutes and is free.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Tai O Tai O
Tai O

On stilts!


Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb