East-side


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
July 2nd 2007
Published: July 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Half way there!

We've made it half way round the world now... but we've only got a few months left for the other half! Things are speeding up a bit now!


Half way there!

East Coast Oz


We arrived in Cairnes on Nessy's birthday and met up with Adam, Bonny and Toby and their new friends Adam and Helena who were already there! Needless to say we had a pretty good time that night!! We then hired a 'Wicked' campervan (a painted jobby) with Jimmy Hendrix on the side and flying eye balls on it! We headed out in convoy and spent a few days together, fishing, camping, making fires, drinking goon (cheap wine boxes) and having fun! We had to leave the guys and head off on our own again as we had a flight to catch from Sydney a few days later! We hared down the coast just taking in the landscape, stopping off at Mike and Tracy's place (Casey, and now Peewee, buddies) who fed us great food and beer and let us sleep in the garage! Much warmer! We also managed to get to Australia zoo- Steve Irwin's place! He wasn't there though so we were a bit gutted. In Sydney we only stayed for a half day but still managed to drop off our van, see the opera house and harbour bridge, meet up with Sam and Fay who had fun with us in Laos, and still get lashed before getting up at 3am to catch our flight to New Zealand! We're definitely getting better at these flying visits! So in the month that we spent in Oz, as well as having all this fun, we drove almost 10,000 kilometers- that the same as you guys in England getting in your cars and driving straight to Cape Town! How bout that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb