Playing catch up


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
December 7th 2009
Published: December 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 225 - Woodman Point, Munster (Perth)

The Reeves are heading off to Scarborough today, they have family flying in tomorrow so they are ditching their camp trailer for a week and moving into an apartment. I know, they’re crazy! We’ve told them they won’t like having a complete kitchen at their disposal and that flushing toilets that you don’t have to walk through bushes to get to are just a novelty and that comfy living chairs are very over rated but they’re not having any of it!

Despite some good effort of late the blog is getting behind so today is mostly going to be one of playing catch up. My main focus was to get the blog as up to date as possible and Darryl’s was to clean the car - I wonder who would have the most fun?!

With an early start to the morning I managed to complete one blog first thing so rewarded myself with a fishing trip to the jetty. Darryl rewarded all his recent driving efforts with a lie in but when the clock struck 8am he was keen as mustard to thrown a line in too. Along with Kenny, Simone and Beth, Darryl and I cast our lines and sat in hope that a fish would finally take pity on us and not only eat our bait but hang on the end of our hook too! Alas by the time I’d got thoroughly bored with fish feeding there had been nothing but sneaky bait stealers in the water below.

I sped back to camp to work on the outstanding blogs and laughed at Mark who had stayed away from the fishing trip to finish the packing up but was instead playing puppet master with Zoe and Beth - they’re such a fun family and excellent distractions!

The caravan park departure time of 10am came, went and was but a distant memory by the time the Reeves waved goodbye. We watched for their cruiser to head towards the exit lane and then made them all jump by running out at them yelling at the top of our voices! Can’t believe they thought we’d just let them go without noise! We’ll see them again in a couple of days time when we shift camp sites further north.

Our very exciting rest of the day was spent cleaning the car - it sparkled afterwards, catching up with blogs and expenditure (gulp). I don’t think I left the caravan until about 5pm when we decided to go for a swim but after 6 lengths we both admitted it was freezing cold so came back for dinner!

We played Rummikub on our own tonight, there was nobody else to play with. Whatever will we do with ourselves now?! However did we manage for 6 months before we met this crazy mob!!

Dar and Sar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.373s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 133; dbt: 0.1592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb