Day 2 in Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
November 23rd 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is Sunday and the shops don't open until 11am. Had a walk around the town and there was live entertainment on the streets as the Perth Culteral Festival was on... street dancers, live music etc.. It was cool! There are lot's of shopping centres in the main city and the outside streets are lined with coffee shops and places to eat ( during the day...).
We then walked down to the sea front to see the "Swan Bell Tower" which is a look out point, it has 12 bells that chime every hour...
Noticed that there was a Global Gathering Festival on the sea front too!
Then walked up to Kings Park. A big park on top of the hill which boasts great panoramic views of the harbour, city and river - got some great photos and a DEF must see! Had a stroll around the gardens, they are divided into areas of Oz with their different flowers and trees etc - got to see the local flower which is shaped like Kangaroo paws! There are also some amazing trees with purple flowers that smell gorgeous!
In the evening it took us ages to find a restaurant, ended up in the northbridge area where all the restaurants, clubs and bars are and ate in a greek resto - as this was the only non-chinese place we could find!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Purple TreePurple Tree
Purple Tree

We love the smell of this tree and they are everywhere!!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb