The Black Cockatoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
April 13th 2007
Published: April 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we made our way to King's Park, situated on a hill in the heart of the city overlooking the harbour occupying approx 400 hectares of Mount Eliza. The park contains a mixture of bushland, botanic gardens and neatly cut lawn areas. The views were amazing and the park was extremely well maintained with numerous native species. We then joined a tour around the botanical gardens and saw the Baob tree, Banksia, the water fountain which the children loved as it suddenly sprays them every 10 minutes. Then we did the tree bridge walk which offers good views of Perth & the Swan River and the various native tree species.

Then we had a picnic lunch and saw the State war memorial, which consisted of a fire flame torch and monument. We also saw an array of birdlife including numerous parrots, black cockatoos & honey eaters. In the evening we got an impressive view of the city by night, and went up the DNA tower for a 360 degree view before heading back to the hostel. We were surprised at the number of people entering the park dressed in their evening attire with their picnics in the early evening. We think that there was an Aboriginal event taking place, also they light the trees along the avenue for special events and in the summer there is an outside cinema.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Perth by NightPerth by Night
Perth by Night

A little quiet here!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb