The Witch


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
April 12th 2007
Published: April 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We spent the majority of the day heading back towards Perth. However we did break up the journey at Bunbury to visit the dolphin discovery centre at Koombana Bay. Here we saw dolphins in the distance chasing one of the speed boats, leaping high into the air. This area is renowned for frequent wild dolphin and penguin sightings, and it is a lovely stretch of beach. We also had a quick look around the exhibition area, before rejoining the Perth freeway, along with the many road trains. Bunbury is the home of 90 Bottlenose dolphins, where dolphins freely visit the beach and occasionally interact with the visitors.

After a small detour into the city - lost our bearings slightly, we only just made it back in time to return the car to the leasers! Then we got the free shuttle bus into Perth, and then lugged all our bags across town into Northbridge to our new hostel 'The Witches Hat' which is a very old building in the shape of a Witches hat oddly enough, situated within a residential estate. This hostel is much more centrally located, which makes it easier to explore the city on foot. On our arrival we were given some delicious date and walnut sticky toffee pudding - got the recipe! Then we collapsed for the night in our very compact room!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb