Perth Part 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Duncraig
March 18th 2009
Published: March 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 51

This morning we wake up and smell Tony cooking us breakfast, it is great to be in a house and we are being very well looked after by Aunty Rose and Tony. They live in an area North of Perth called Duncraig and only 5 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from the city.

Tony and Rose took us on a scenic tour of the area starting with the sea which has some good waves for the surfers this morning. There was also a big life saving surfing event on up at the next beach which is called Scarborough Beach! We drove further into the city and had a walk round Kings Park which is the largest public park in the world. It provides fantastic views of the city and rivers below and was a great place to stop for a drink.

The weather here is warm (about 25 degrees centigrade) as it is autumn. Next we went in search of some wild kangaroos so we were taken to the local cemetery!!!! Here we found families of kangaroos chilling out in the shade and did not seem bothered with our presence at all.

After lunch we spend sometime in the pool in the garden as we think it is really hot while Tony and Rose think it is quite cool! In the evening we go to a restaurant overlooking the sea to meet up with our other relatives here. It was for Laura's mums cousin Janet and her husband as they are leaving to go home to England on Friday. They have 2 children that have lived here for several years with their families so there were 16 of us in total!


Day 52 - 19/3

Today we have a lazy morning and try to organise the documentation for our China visa while Aunty Rose bakes a chocolate cake. We pop down to the local shops and then to the popular harbour of Hillarys for lunch. In the afternoon we chill out and enjoy the pool.


Day 53 - 20/3

Today we headed into the city and went to the Chinese consulate to submit our visa application. We then spend a few hours shopping and seeing the sights of Perth. Perth is the most isolated city in the world, it has a population of 1.4 million people many beaches, parks and great weather nearly all year round. The shopping area is compact and has quaint arcades with small boutique and tourist shops.

Day 54 - 21/3

Fremantle (Freo) is south of Perth and has museums, a market and many cafes. We visited the interesting market and then went to Little Creatures for lunch. This brewery is also a cafe/restaurant overlooking the harbour with a shop for tasting and purchasing their beer and cider.

There was an art exhibition on Cottesloe beach so we called off there on the way back. There were many sculptures on the beach made out of different materials including tyres, metal and wood. Laura was then dropped off for a hair cut in Hillarys before returning home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Boab TreeBoab Tree
Boab Tree

1000 years old


Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb