Perth Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Duncraig
March 22nd 2009
Published: March 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 55 Perth

We spent Sunday morning at Yanchep National Park which is a bushland park with a lake and filled with plenty of wildlife. A colony of protected koalas also live here in a natural habitat of eucalyptus trees. We enjoyed seeing turtles in the lake, a rare bitten bird and endangered black cockatoos.

In the afternoon we chilled out and spent time in the pool again (Oliver should have been born a fish!). In the evening we enjoyed a family bbq with Jo and Simon and all the cousins at Sally and Phil's, another lovely house!.


23/3
Day 56 Perth

Monday morning and we awake to rain, although the rain does not last long here and it soon brightened up enough for us to take the canoes out we had borrowed from Phil. Tony took us to Point Walter which is on the Swan River just south of the city. It is a large well used picnic area with a natural sand bar extending half a mile into the river. It was a lovely spot and we enjoyed paddling around seeing the pelicans and black swans which are both native to Australia.

After lunch we returned to the house and enjoyed the sunshine. The day finished with a lovely home made roast lamb dinner, the only one we have had since leaving home in January.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



29th March 2009

I love the Koalas - please can you bring me one home...? xx

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb