9 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
February 9th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Off to the damOff to the damOff to the dam

On the trail
Started out the day with a hike from our campsite to nearby Big Brook Dam which was purpose built in 1986 with a view for tourism. The walking trail around the dam itself is a few kilometers and has shelters sporadically dotted on the way for picnics and there is even a man-made beach for those passing through to enjoy. The area around the dam is first class and there are opportunities to walk through nearby forest.

There were plenty of swans and ducks in the water and for those wanting to do a spot of fishing there is ample opportunity (with the necessary licence of course). We arrived back at our campsite and decided it was time to head to the caravan park as after three nights of camping we were in dire need of a shower and some access to electricity to get the fridge back up and running.

The caravan park is beautiful and we are currently enjoying a few beers at our campsite that is set by a small creek. Earlier we hit the pavement into town which was a bit of a workout after a long day but the Pemberton Hotel kept us in good spirits.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb