8 February 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Pemberton
February 8th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our journey this morning out of Parry Beach had us heading west through the Valley of the Giants and the first stop of the day was the Tree Top Walk in said Valley. Very much worth the price of admission the walk takes you in and amongst the trees of the Walpole - Nornalup National Park.....about 60 meters above the ground.

Breathtaking views are all around to admire and this makes for great photos. Not everyone's cup of tea as you walk on suspension bridges that move in the breeze. We also took time to do the Ancient Empire Walk which takes you along the ground and provides valuable information on the native flora and fauna.

Off to Walpole for supplies and lunch and this is yet another lovely town in the south-west....then again these small country towns would be hard to disappoint located amongst a few hundred kilometers of national parks stretching all the way over to Augusta.

We reached our camping destination about 60 kilometres further on and wouldn't you know it, the driver (ie me) forgot to cash up to pay for the park fees (oops). On we pushed to Pemberton where we have pulled up stumps and settled at Big Brook Arboretum (a state park camping ground). No showers onsite but with a dam a few clicks away a walk and a swim will make up for a minor inconvenience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Big Brook ArboretumBig Brook Arboretum
Big Brook Arboretum

Our campsite just out of Pemberton


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb