Middle Lagoon


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Middle Lagoon is about half way between Broome and Cape Leveque. It has a lagoon (hence the name) that is very sheltered by a reef. Great fishing apparently if you have a boat. The water was very clear, with only the first few feet sandy. Tide went out a long way, as with most of this coast. At low tide you can walk right up to the reef around the other side of the lagoon. There is great swimming in sheltered waters if it was a bit warmer, but nice for a stroll along the beach. Did not hear of many people catching a feed, so we were not the only ones without fish for dinner.

We did not do much for the 3 days we were here apart from read books, and go for walks along the beach. Great way to spend a holiday. It was cooler here than it has been in other places. A breeze wafted through which dropped the temperature but we were still in shorts.

The camp ground is nice, very spread out. They sell firewood by the bin full for $5, bargain, and great way to keep warm. We had a visitor in our camp, a Wallaby. She was tame, and Bruce fed her some of his lunch. Later in the day she came back, and the joey in her pouch came out. It was great to see.

Have headed back to Broome for the night, to get online and restock. We are going to Barn Hill for a day, then onto Eighty Mile Beach for some fishing for a week. Back in contact next Thursday. Hopefully we might catch some fish this time. Bruce has just got himself a surf castor rod and new reel, so it better be worth the money!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th July 2007

Eighty Mile Beach
You are going to have a great time at the 80mile! Most sociable camp and best trees on the coast. Make sure you have a cup of chino at the shop - it's pretty good. Envy your trip to Leveque, next time will get there :)
16th July 2007

A great read.
Hi Bruce and Amanda, I got a little behind on your updates so started reading these in reverse order. They're all a great read. Great photos and words. Easy to see your having a great time. See you when your back. DB

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb