Bear Gully, Cape Liptrap


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
February 18th 2012
Published: February 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We came camping here with a group of lovely friends for Christmas 2010. And it’s still just as beautiful. And as popular! Arriving on Friday evening, we were lucky to secure one of the last remaining camping spots. We’re just loving our new sun & rain shelter – really nice work Deano!

We spent the day swimming, snorkeling and going for walks on the beach/rocks. Dean also did some fishing and caught and released three toad fish. Now that we are not on a schedule to get anywhere, we are really starting to let go and unwind. It’s a beautiful feeling to just “be” somewhere, rather than feeling the need to “do” anything.

On our last morning, I had a pre-breakfast swim in the ocean, spotting all sorts of fish. Sadly no stingrays, which we had seen during our Christmas trip. After drying off on the beach afterwards, I turned around to see a huge (think kangaroo-size) wallaby a few metres behind me. That, combined with the stinging flies and sign in the toilet that tells you to “close the lid after use because of snakes”, is a reminder that we’re truly in Australia!

THE TRUTH (by Dean Glasgow)

The art of driving on rough gravel roads. There are two options: 1) 5kph… 2) 80-100kph and hope no logging trucks are coming the other way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb