Port Albert & Sale


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Sale
February 19th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It’s been three weeks today since we left our Melbourne pad.How time flies!

On the way to Sale in Gippsland, we stopped at quaint Port Albert for lunch and a walk. This surprisingly popular little place comprises a pub/hotel, a fish & chip shop, a small harbour and handful of houses. A number of people were fishing off the jetties and we were lucky enough to see a very large stingray.

Our camping spot in Sale was actually the town’s showground. When it’s not in use, it becomes a cheap caravan park – and we had use of the awesome showground café kitchen.

Sale itself is a rural little town and we will remember it for its extremely unpredictable weather. Within 36 hours of our arrival, we had experienced a heatwave, thunder, pouring rain and clear blue skies. Incredible.

We moseyed around the shops, cycled around Lake Guthridge and the botanic gardens, and I visited the small but fab Gippsland Art Gallery.

Before leaving Sale, we went to the local pool for a swim. Although we’re walking more than usual, I sooo miss my regular exercise and this was great! On our way out of town, we discovered that our roof storage pod was unlocked... and I then realised I had left some things behind in the swimming pool locker. On our way back to the pool, we found our mosquito net on the side of the road after it had escaped our open storage pod. We now have a to-do/check list for whenever we depart anywhere! :-)

THE TRUTH (by Dean Glasgow)

The ultimate travel accessory – all the way from South Africa – is a fly gun. PS it’s not as rubbish as it sounds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb