A Productive Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 19th 2011
Published: November 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 68, 18/11/11
Had a very productive day today. Got up at 8:30 and went into town early with my CV's again as nothing from Hunky Dory's - I think I might give up on them. Spent a bit of time online too and found a few jobs.
Got an interview at 3pm in a call centre - a cold calling centre. Went down there anyway as the guy seemed nice on the phone. It was about 30 - 40 mins away on the train though. The job doesn't sound too bad so I might take it, the trains are fairly cheap at $11 a day and that gets you on trains, trams and buses.
I turned up and it was a small office with just 4 phones where people were cold calling to offer free estimates for solar powered energy - well at least it's not asking for money, just saying the usual "we have people in your area tomorrow who are doing free estimate" and if they are stupid enough they say yes, and believe it or not some people did.
I was only in there for half an hour but the people all seemed really nice and friendly and they were having a real good laugh in there, but I am sure that is just one perk of the job, I can imagine being on the phones and saying the same thing does get tedious. The pay is $20 an hour plus commission and 5 hour shifts 3 til 8 Monday - Friday, so I get a lie in, an evening and a weekend so I've got a few perks. Hunky Dory's was 10pm finishes and probably involved some weekend work.
The manager, Greg, said give him a ring Monday morning and I might as well start that evening. I do have one more interview at a recruitment agency at 2:30 on Monday so I will start at the call centre on Tuesday.
Late afternoon and into the evening we watched a film called "The Lost Boys" as our hostel has an extensive video range. Had a meal in a local pub which had an offer on and then to the arcade and casino in the evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb