Happy Valentine's!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 21st 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 321(11.2.08) to Day 325 (15.2.08)

A week of work, with Chrissie still working at the warehouse and Mark getting a weeks work with an Internet Domain company, was relieved by a basketball game for Mark on Wednesday night. On the Tuesday morning we’d both popped into a call-centre where an agency had found possible jobs for us. If they liked us they’d be able to employ us for the full 6 months we wanted and whilst the job wasn’t what we’d hoped for it was at least guaranteed work for our full time in Melbourne. All went well and from the 18th we’d be working 9-5 at the call centre and earning some fairly decent cash.

Valentine's Day fell on Thursday this week and we decided to treat ourselves and go out for a bite to eat down on the main street not far from the flat. We’d visited Café Quiet Earth for a coffee a couple of weeks ago and the food had looked good so we thought we’d go there. We enjoyed being pampered for the evening and had a good meal but our addiction to a certain TV show meant we had to rush off early! Luckily the café was happy to cork up our remaining wine and pack us up a bit of dessert to enjoy in front of LOST! So romantic!

On Friday night Tiana came over for some dinner and to teach us how to clean out the fish tank that we were baby-sitting until she and Ash found a new place to live. Job done we went to join Ash and some of his workmates for a few drinks and a bit of pool where Ash impressed us all with his stunning cue skills!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



17th May 2008

Hey the Haywards!!!! Good to catch up with what you are doing! Missed your updates. Qatar is getting hotter and hotter and I'm starting to stress about shipping and paperwork and reports and saying goodbye to everyone here!!!! YIKES!! We have booked our 2 week holiday in Tanzania and sorted flights home, where I'll be for 3 weeks before jetting to Mexico. Danny won't be able to join me until mid September because he has to by in Bangkok for work (NO sympathy for him). Can't wait to see you in Mexico, where there will be many romantic dinners for four. xx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb