The work starts


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 21st 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 314 (4.2.08) to Day 320 (10.2.08)

The early part of this week was all about the job hunting. We were able to book some slots to use the internet at the library for free and we spent time searching job websites and sending CV s off. There wasn’t a lot of short term work available so we were hoping that something would come through either from our searches or from the agencies we’d joined. We had a promise of some call centre work that should start on the 18th but as yet this wasn’t definite so we were keen to get some work secured.

Eventually on Wednesday morning Chrissie got a call to do some warehouse work for a week or so at a Fashion Accessory company and spent the rest of the day happily sorting out jewellery, scarves and bags whilst Mark continued the job search.

Thursday and Friday saw Chrissie continuing at the warehouse getting to know the other lovely ladies that worked there and Mark managing to get us sorted with some pretty good second hand bikes which would come in very handy for when we sold Nora. Mark also had a call offering him a week of work the following week so we were both set for a few days and glad to be starting to bring in some money.

We spent Saturday doing a bit of shopping to get a few more bits and pieces that were suitable for working in. After spending months in combats and wearing the same few pieces of clothing it was nice to have jeans and a few more things to choose from.

We’d found out about a travel expo that was on in the Melbourne Exhibition Centre and wanted to go and find out about some flights for the next section of our travels. We decided it was time to test out the new bikes and cycled down through Albert Park the venue for the Australian Grand Prix. It was pretty cool to cycle around part of the track that would be used in little over a month (albeit by vehicles travelling a little faster then we were!).

Having picked up a few tips from the expo we then cycled down to St Kilda to check out what was going on for the last day of the festival. The streets were all closed off to traffic and were teeming with people there to enjoy the fun and the sunshine. There were loads of street entertainers, bands playing on big stages, dance groups performing, craft stalls etc. The atmosphere was fantastic and we had a great afternoon wandering around and trying to see as much as we could.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb