Another A'maze'ing day at the Dandenongs


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Mt Dandenong
April 21st 2008
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 326 (16.2.08) and Day 327 (17.2.08)

Saturday was filled with various jobs such as food shopping and rent paying so on Sunday we decided to make a day trip out to the Dandenongs so at least we felt like we’d made the most of our weekend. It turned out to be more of an afternoon trip as we enjoyed a bit of a lie-in before heading out!

It’s said that, on a clear day, from the top of Mt. Dandenong you can see all the way back to Melbourne so we thought we’d find out if this really was the case. At the summit is a set-up called SkyHigh which enables you to enjoy the views whilst spending some money - tourism at it’s finest! The views from the top were spectacular as we found the rumours to be true and we drank in the views all the way to the skyscrapers of the CBD on the far horizon.

Part of the SkyHigh centre is a maze - always one of our favourite activities! As you find your way around the hedge maze you can stamp your maze master card in various places to prove you’ve made it around successfully. Now I’m sure this is set-up for children but we found it very exciting and were proud when we made it swiftly to the end of the maze with all our stamps!

We wandered around the English Garden and the Secret Garden which got us in the mood for some tea and cake - good thing there’s a restaurant at SkyHigh! We enjoyed our afternoon tea on the viewing terrace and then made our way back home via Sassafras and another visit to the little tea shop.



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

In the maze...In the maze...
In the maze...

Which way to go?
In the maze...In the maze...
In the maze...

Ahhhh, this way!
In the maze...In the maze...
In the maze...

Getting the stamp!
In the maze...In the maze...
In the maze...

and through the secret door ...
In the maze ... In the maze ...
In the maze ...

getting the stamp


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb