New Day


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
January 28th 2014
Published: January 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I understand it has been some time since I blogged last and there is good reason - this round the world trip takes some planning, combine this with a busy social life and full (ish) time work, stir in a beautiful but quite demanding cat and it does not leave much time for anything else!

Anyway - I am very pleased to announce that all but one town for the African portion of our adventure is booked and partly paid for, the trip will go along the lines of -

Land in Jo'burg, head straight to Livingstone for the Vic Falls

Head to Kasane and complete a three day camping trip in the bush of Chobe National Park

Pick up car in Kasane and drive through/stop at Rundu, Bagani, Etosha, Otjiwaronga, Swakopmund and finally drop the car off at Windhoek! This part is looking to be around 14 days then we will have 3/4 days in Cape town for a wedding - very exciting.

The RTW (Round the World) flights are in the final throes of organisation and the deposit has been paid. There are a few minor issues with the flights as we had too many 'sectors' in the American part of the trip along with a few options to confirm with regards to how we get to Africa, this will be sorted out this week and the final price is likely to be just a bit over $11,000 for the two of us. When the exact details are released (at a later date) you will appreciate the flights, although expensive are very conclusive!

We looked into and nearly secured volunteer work in SA but unfortunately due to the timing in between resigning from work and having to be at the wedding in Jamaica we had to decline the offer, it would have been so perfect - a micro brewery that makes their own cheese and roasts their own coffee all in one place! There may be something in this for the futures of my wife and I.

Next things to do are numerous but we will work through them slowly but surely - accommodation in Cape Town (shark diving for me!), accommodation and potential volunteer work in Jamaica, accommodation in New York (airbnb may be the go here), accommodation and potential volunteer work in Canada (Vancouver), car hire from Seattle, accommodation in California, Arizona, maybe Utah or Colorado and Mexico/Cuba - phew, seems a lot but once we get going it is accomplished quite quickly.

Time to do a bit more work then boot camp again tonight!

TTFN

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb