Caulfield Cup


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Caulfield
October 21st 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Caulfield Cup is a race that spans back to 1879 and lays claim to a strong honour roll with its past winners including Elvstroem, Northerly, Might And Power, Let’s Elope, Tulloch and Rising Fast.

We arrived at after 11 which was a fair effort considering we were out way later than expected the night before! Gareth picked up the most foul tweed jacket in Ian's house and thought he was the true English gentleman. Himself and Ian spent most of the day pretending to be toffs and actually being tossers! They also managed to lose all their money and not win a single race. However, seeing as we had a constant supply of bottles of champagne all day not one of us was complaining! Well I did about the cold but a couple of drinks later and we warmed up considerably!

We had dinner in Pellegrinis in town after the races which was extremely civilised, seeing as Sare and I's normal haunt is Mackers. We lost the boys at St. Jerome's but picked up Vini and Niav for a while and ended up partying in Honky Tonks....the best bit of which was the party in the girls bathroom. No messing, Irene came out and dragged Vini and I into the girls bathroom...we were like "What?!", then you see turntables, Dj and everyone just rocking the house and you have to dance a few!

We also made a little detour into the boys bathroom to inspect all the porno pictures of erect penis' adorning the wall in front of the urinals....the boys don't seem to get idea either???


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb