Arrival in New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
October 25th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The railway stationThe railway stationThe railway station

aka our home in Dunedin!
We arrived in New Zealand on the 22nd October, absolutely hungover with hardly any sleep and on a plane that would rival Michael O'Leary for stingness. We spent the whole flight making smart comments and wreaking the head of the poor dude who had to sit beside us.

We arrived in Christchurch with of course nowhere booked , ended up in Charlie B's, had to deal with the receptionist talking fifty miles an hour and sniffling with every word. Got up to our ten bed dorm only to find some fella spread out on my bed, cue a fit of the giggles which ensured we spent the next five hours watching terrible films on the TV downstairs!

Christchurch is quite a nice town but it was drizzling when we were there so it had that dreary feel to it. We met a lovely couple from Meath, Eric and Linda who gave us a Lonely Planet and loads of advice about travelling around.

Managed to organise our camper van and picked it up from Adventure Tours, drove down to Dunedin through some of the most astounding scenery I have ever seen. We were constantly awed by what we saw. Dunedin is a beautiful little colonial town with really picturesque buildings. The railway station is particularly striking so we set up home in the carpark beside it for the night! We then left our home on wheels, went to the cinema, made ourselves sick on popcorn and came back to set up our beds, which are neither comfortable or easy to assemble.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb