Home Sweet Home..and Away!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
April 18th 2006
Published: April 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there everyone!!!
Just to give you an update on what's been going on. Been pretty hectic this last week!!!
Well we left New Zealand (very sad!) and rocked up in Sydney-well I think it was Sydney, or at least some part of the orient judging by all the locals!!!!! haha! It looked like life was going to be a breeze for us and that everything would fall in our lap! Erm...Hello?...Do we actually know ourselves???? Of course none of this was to be! Our dream house was about 4days of travelling out of town and no jobs were quite right. We were just feeling slightly depressed when an angel in the form of Mr Posh James (not just a clever name!)-a friend from home-managed to completely turn everything around!!! Bless him thanks to him we are now happily settled in Melbourne and we will soon be moving in with him too!!! Isn't it funny how you travel to the other side of the world to move in with someone who lived about 15minutes away!!!
Anyway that was the first dilemma sorted. Next up was employment. Now to some of you who know me (Piper) this may not come as a surprise but guess where I will be working......? TGI Fridays!!! Again!!! It's like a home from home! I have those red and white stripes flowing through my veins! Haha! I may never escape the place. But it seems like a really nice one and there is no silly hat or stupid uniform! So no big cow hats required from me anymore....shame!
On the subject of TGI Fridays....I also met up with Mr Matt Snoxall! Who has lovely long blonde curly hair now!!! He's turned into a real Aussie surfer type...what a tart!!! Haha! Just kidding Matt-we went for a couple of drinks and caught up on all the gossip-sorry all of you none of your secrets are safe! haha!
Then the next shock to the system!!!!! Paul literally bumped into his hairdresser Anthony from home-a lovely guy!!! Even lovelier if he cuts our hair too!! This is the third person he's bumped into-it's all far too strange! And he's only going to be living down the road from us! It seems that that annoying sickly sweet disney song is right after all....it's a small small world....AAAgggghhhh!!!! Stop singing it!!! I am now safe in the knowledge that that song will be on all of your brains for a good while to come until you cannot take it anymore and go slightly insane!!!! Mwa ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
So all seems pretty calm for us now. We have a house, jobs, friends AND most importantly we have saved the cow suit from it's deportment back home!!!! What more could you want in life! We actually cannot wait to start work and have some normality and that unknown entity...MONEY again!!! YAY!!!!
I guess these travelblogs will be slightly less frequent for the next few months and I promise to put the photos on from our last blog-dagnammin technology keeps causing us grief!!!! Take care all of you. Ooh by the way our new Aussie number is....+61 (0) 427255818 and our address is to be 479 Lygon Street, North Carlton, Melbourne, Victoria, 3045 OZ!!!!! For all of you who want to send us lots of lovely letters!! PLEASE!!!

Advertisement



19th April 2006

Address
Victoria 3054 to clarify!!!

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb