Geelong - February 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
February 4th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had some bad news in early February that my very loved Grandmother had passed away in Geelong Victoria. I really looked up to my Grandma and really wanted to pay my respects so a quick look on the Internet and i could get some moderately cheap flights ($400 in aust) and the little Miss was small enough to still easly come with me and off we took. My Dad also flew down from Cairns so it was good to catch up with him and all the family on that side who live in Geelong and the surrounds.

For the middle of Summer it rained and had maximums of 15 degrees - eeekkk! I had just left Perth and a never ending 40 degree summer. So suddenly i had to buy jumpers and socks for the Little Miss...the world has strange weather these days!

Geelong was quite nice...we had lunch one day at the jetty which was a nice little marina and shops. One day we went into the city and they had some nice clean shops that were great to walk around. They still had a Borders book shop which is always a good bookstore and the one in Perth was closed up when the company went bankrupt. It is an easy quick drive from the airport and from Melbourne city - maybe 40 minutes. The view back across the port to Melbourne is pretty nice.

It seemed like a nice enough town and it was good to catch up with family. I'm not sure it is really a 'tourist' town in anyway but i think the area needs money so worth a visit just to try and inject some money into the area.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb