Addictive Adelaide!! Completely blown away by this Australian city!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
January 13th 2014
Published: January 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

After the “aloofness” of Perth, it was time to greet the city that has it all!! Adelaide is one of the most picturesque cities I have been to (and I have been to few!). The beautiful Adelaide Hills, the stunning white-sand beaches, great cultural highlights, great many lip-smacking local wines and a colonial heritage – there is nothing that this fantastic Australian city misses out on. For me Adelaide itself worked like a fine vintage wine, delicious initially but heavenly as the time wore on.



I reached Adelaide with no certain expectations. I admit I was keener to reach Sydney, which is promoted the world over as the true representative emblem of Australia. Even Melbourne was much higher on priority list. For me, the novice, Adelaide was a sort of aberration with churches and cathedrals and nothing much else. By George, have I been wrong! Adelaide actually takes the best of both Sydney and Melbourne, as I have been told by locals, and puts across a truly stimulating experience that is hard to muzzle down by any. It is a sort of place where people actually loose grip over their precise itinerary and are actually left combating issues cropped up just because you were unwilling to let go of this beautiful place.





The city center is rather compact and it is best negotiated on foot. Boulevards are wide, bordered by parkland, and encourage people to take a stroll. The decision is going to render you rich with vast sightseeing treasures all along the way. Check out the colonial architecture that festoons the land. Grab a quick bite at any of the ubiquitous coffee-houses. Shoppers can check out few retail venues.





For me, the tourist, a visit to Adelaide Zoo was fascinating. There were several exotic animals and any wildlife lover would be thrilled to see them all in such numbers. Those who love gardens and parks would be even more delighted as Adelaide boasts many. The AdelaideBotanicalGardensVealeGardens and Himeji Gardens are sure to becharm green thumbs investing on flight tickets to land here! There are several art galleries and museums too and the erudite and the regular art lovers can visit them all to sate their thirst. Beach bums will certainly find their calling at the city’s Glenelg beach, easily the most popular one in Adelaide.





Of course, the wine and cultural events are big bonuses that treat people who are holidaying here.





Overall, Adelaide has been a surprising eye-opener and has truly bedazzled me with all its flamboyance and restraint. I have been to two major Australian cities and they both have blown me away in just few day. There few others to go and these are the most celebrated ones. Let’s see what sort of blast they set off!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb