Kangaroo and Koala Time!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide Hills
November 16th 2011
Published: November 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The moment you've all been waiting for...me, kangaroos, and koalas! Tracy drove us into the Adelaide Hills to Gorge Wildlife Reserve where we petted lots of "roos." I was a bit nervous at first, but these were small and very tame ones. We also saw birds, bats, wallabies and KOALAS! Yes, I got to cuddle one just like Kate, but without the emotional breakdown. After that we drove to Mount Lofty, the highest peak in the Adelaide Hills. Paul's fancy GPS was getting annoying by telling Tracy to make U turns when she thought she knew where to go. We wound up taking the very scenic route through narrow curving mountain roads where we saw apple, plum, and cherry orchards, not to mention beautiful vinyards and country houses surrounded by rose gardens. We had meat pies for lunch in a little German town, then took the freeway back into Adelaide. I'm a bit ashamed to say it, but we stopped at the supermarket for kangaroo steaks and lamb saussages to throw on the barbie for dinner. THANK YOU, Tracy for an amazing day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



16th November 2011

So Cool!!!
Hey "Mom"! I am enjoying seeing all that you are doing each day in Australia! I am jealous you got to see, pet, and hold kangaroos and koalas. That would be so fun to do!!! Well continue having a blast there and we will stay updated with you from home :) Love you!!!
17th November 2011

Really enjoyed all the great pictures. Looks like you're having a wonderful time. Be sure to tell Tracy "hi" for me. All is well here. Later...

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb