Towards Miriwinni


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
April 23rd 2008
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Townsville early in the morning we went to check out Paluma National Park. First stop, Little Crystal Creek. There wasn’t a lot there, but it was very pretty all the same. The clear waters flowed beneath an old stone bridge.
Further up the mountain was the actual town of Paluma. It was nice, but again nothing spectacular. After a short walk we were off back down the mountain to Big Crystal Creek. We took a dip at Paradise Waterhole with some jungle perch. The water was about 8 feet deep and you could see the bottom, clear as day. Really nice as we were the only ones there.
A little further up the road was Journama falls. After a fair walk through swarms of mozzie like things, we were met with some waterholes, however we decided to keep going up the hill to the lookout. The Falls were quite spectacular and we would love to check them out again during the wet season. We had intended to check out Josephine Fall and Paranella Park on the way to Innisvale, but ran out of time. We got to Paula and Col’s place Near Miriwinni just before dark (CS). Their house was situated right on the edge of the rainforest with a fast flowing stream within 10 metres of our bedroom window. Needless to say, we slept like babies that night. Their house was amazing with a couple of large verandahs, one of which was the location for the bathroom. We had never had an outdoor bath before, but we must say it was a very relaxing experience once you got used to it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Outdoor BathroomOutdoor Bathroom
Outdoor Bathroom

Soooooooo Relaxing


Tot: 0.279s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb