Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Magnetic Island
April 20th 2008
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tonight we found ourselves on the beautiful Magnetic Island staying at the YHA Bungalow Bay which has won several awards. It had great facilities, our favourite was the pool with the numerous and extremely comfortable hammocks. After a quick ferry ride over and a stint on the bus we were settled into our private bungalow and sucking back on a cold beer. We went for a small hike over to the next beach and were greeted by an old man and his free willie. Yep, I guess I missed the sign saying NUDE. Mick saw it but decided not to prepare me for what was in stall, thanks Mick! Upon our return we just missed out on seeing the sun set, but made a plan for the next night, which involved crackers and cheese and a few coldies. After an early night we were up with the sun to embark on our day of hiking. About 10 klms in all it took in a number of beautiful beaches and the old military fort. There were tremendous views all round from the top, making it well worth the climb. On the way up, we were fortunate enough to see a koala, and then on the way down we saw our 2nd koala as well as an echidna. This was the first time either of us had seen these animals in the wild so we were quite excited. Our return to the hostel gave us plenty of time to fulfil our plan for beer at sunset, after which we proceeded to the pub for a meal and more beer. When we got back to our room it we were pretty knackered, however upon checking the time 7:15, we could not go to bed that early. So off to the Hostel Bar we went for a few more rounds and a few card games with some other guests.

The following morning saw us get up late, so we didn’t exactly do a whole lot before we had to catch the ferry back. We find time for a quick dip in the ocean though. Corrina was kind enough to pick us up again and host us for one more night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb